Breaking Someone Else's Heart (is almost too easy)

I swear dealing with this "Mistress" puts such a strain on my patience. We met several days ago at the Cafe in Paris, where she admitted that she was losing grip on her "Asmodeus." Zillah's blood lust is very real, even in his demon form, and it doesn't look like Leatrix knows how to handle it. I couldn't help but laugh at her, much to her confusion, which only led me to explain that her demon isn't who she thinks he is. She didn't believe me when I told her that he's my fiance, the father of two children, and has an actual soul-filled life. At the mention of children, she seemed to cave. I would, too, if I knew that I was breaking up a family. Old man Rowane joined us and helped my cause, throwing in the idea that if we obtained Zillah's soul, then he could choose which path he wants. It didn't look like Leatrix wanted to give him the opportunity to "choose" and was disheartened when I stressed that she meet me in three days to discuss finding out the truth.

Three long days passed, and instead of finding the wanna-be "Mistress" in the Cafe, Zillah was there. It seems that nowadays when Zillah finds me, he just drills me for information. This time wasn't different. He wanted to know why his "Mistress" acted so differently since the last time we met, and why she would want to hide him away from the world. I casually told him that to avoid going back to Hell, then we needed to obtain his soul. I lured him in with the possibility of blood being spilled and that definitely caught his attention. Once he learned this information, his natural way of threatening me for information turned into his natural way of maliciously throwing it in my face that he got this information for his "Mistress" and was going to go run off and tell her.

I wasn't too concerned, because I knew that Leatrix would learn all this soon enough --whether she was willing to help or not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye

Easy Does It