Without you

Dearest Zillah -

I can't send you this letter, but I write it in hopes of setting my soul at ease. You wouldn't know what that's like, would you? Setting your soul at ease... If you had your soul, we wouldn't be in this tricky situation; we'd be in a tub somewhere soaking in suds, smoking cigarettes, and making fun of people.

I strongly considered sending this to your new Mistress' address. I heard she lives in London, and she seems genuinely nice. Probably not the type you would associate with freely if you were yourself, but she wants to meet with me socially. "Have some tea", she says. Perhaps she already knows my link to you. Perhaps you've already told her. Your loyalty no longer lays with me... You sacrificed everything for me, and now it feels like you're really gone. I'm nervous seeing her again... what if you are there? Will she see your value and not let you go? How deep are you ensnared in this? Do I even have a chance?

You never gave up on me, even in my death. I refuse to give up on you, even in your death.

Always your heartworm,
Lime

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye

Easy Does It